By day, I’m a programmer. Today, I work for a local government agency.
Join me on my adventures.
- When it rains, it pours. Hard.Life under COVID started out somewhat confusing and slightly ambiguous. In the five months since I started working from home, things have gotten tougher, not easier the longer things stay the same.
- Easy-Peasy, UbuntuLike many IT professionals, I dabble a bit on the weekend. During the week, I’m mostly working in Microsoft Windows environments (I work for a local government agency, hence windows). But at night and on the weekends, I pitch in on some linux based websites (like this one). I had an interesting long-weekend while trying to upgrade Ubuntu on my servers.
- “I get no respect” – Rodney DangerfieldIf you don’t know who Rodney Dangerfield is, you’re missing out. Now, my life is nowhere near a bad as the life of Dangerfield’s characters. But, man, it feels like it some days.
- Failure on a MASSIVE scaleWindows is very “expensive” compared to Linux for running a simple web server…. Lesson learned.
- Error establishing a database connectionThis morning, I logged on to my Google Analytics account and reviewed my site stats for my various sites. I was shocked when I saw that there were no hits on this site. “What’s going on?” I asked myself. Plenty, as it turns out.