If you don’t know who Rodney Dangerfield is, you’re missing out. Now, my life is nowhere near a bad as the life of Dangerfield’s characters. But, man, it feels like it some days.
Windows is very “expensive” compared to Linux for running a simple web server…. Lesson learned.
After a year (or more) of struggling with getting good SEO for a website I cobbled together, my client and I have decided to bite the bullet and switch out custom .NET site over to WordPress. This was a much taller order than I had hoped. Worse, we’ve lost some functionality along the way.
A while ago we launched a new website that was built around a core of Google services. This site has some interesting features. Nothing ground-breaking. But it does illustrate just how much you can do with the Google developer APIs.
Like most .NET developers, I use an application configuration file to store information that will be needed by my application at run-time. But what happens if you want to change the values that your application is using while the application is running? Fear not: there is a solution!
Most of my experiments have used good ole WordPress as the basic web platform with my SEO experiments as an overlay. Today, I’m trying something different. I’ve created a pure HTML set of two pages on which I’m offering some of my father’s poetry for sale. I will be manually setting all the same tricks… Continue reading Do it by hand – EnOndaRadial.com
So I finally gave in and updated my blog engine. It was (almost) a seamless experience.
I’m undertaking a more challenging search term in my “Prove It To Me – SEO Experiment” series. Let’s see if we can put this concept to work successfully. More SEO magic for you.
The next few weeks and months will have me working with new technology from Apache: SOLR, HADOOP, and Pig. Read how I got myself in this mess, and how I hope to get out of it.