Welcome to the Politics portion of my website. I’ve been dabbling in politics since the 2008 campaign when I felt inspired by Barack Obama’s first campaign to get off the couch and make a difference.
I’m currently serving as the Chair of the Placer County Democratic Central Committee. I’m working to make life better for the people around whom I grew up: workers, immigrants, and others who think their voice is not heard.
Below is a listing of blog posts categorized as “politics.” They’re a glimpse into what is happening at the time they’re written. A digital time-capsule of sorts.
- Campaigning under COVIDRegardless of the outcome, the work continues. We will still have people struggling to find a place to live. We will still have children in our communities who go to sleep hungry. We will still have people ostracized for the color of their skin or where they choose to worship. There will always more to do.
- Destruction of USPS – Why would they do that?“Mail call!” The 1MC* aboard the USS Marvin Shields sent out the call and a dozen division mail clerks scurried to pick up the mail for the sailors in their Division.
- A Troubling 4th of JulyOn most years, Americans, celebrate the 4th of July with family gatherings, food, fun, games and fireworks (location permitting). But this year, things are different.
- Fundraising Under COVIDMoney is ingrained in our politics. It takes money to run campaigns. The principal fundraising platform (the house party) is unavailable under COVID. So we must find alternative ways to raise the funds needed to communicate with voters.
- To play or not to play“He’ll never get an opportunity like that again, and it was taken away for what?” Uhler said. Umm… how about “Public Safety”?