This morning, I logged on to my Google Analytics account and reviewed my site stats for my various sites. I was shocked when I saw that there were no hits on this site. “What’s going on?” I asked myself. Plenty, as it turns out.
After a year (or more) of struggling with getting good SEO for a website I cobbled together, my client and I have decided to bite the bullet and switch out custom .NET site over to WordPress. This was a much taller order than I had hoped. Worse, we’ve lost some functionality along the way.
A while ago we launched a new website that was built around a core of Google services. This site has some interesting features. Nothing ground-breaking. But it does illustrate just how much you can do with the Google developer APIs.
Recently, I changed website hosting. In doing so, I created some problems for people who were visiting my site that went un-noticed for several weeks. (Not sure if that’s good or bad!). This site is hosted on WordPress. So after I set up my new website’s server software, I exported the content from the website Read More…
So we’ve launched a new site: TattooRegret.Net. It’s a site built on several Google tools coming together to provide what we hope is a useful service: a search engine dedicated to helping you find a laser tattoo removal clinic near you.
Like most .NET developers, I use an application configuration file to store information that will be needed by my application at run-time. But what happens if you want to change the values that your application is using while the application is running? Fear not: there is a solution!
In the vein of experimenting with SEO related to the words Professional Software Implementation Folsom , I’ve put up a new page for the search engines to find. Wont last long (neither will this post). Hopefully just long enough for the page to get indexed. Then we can see whether anyone searches for the phrase Professional Read More…
Most of my experiments have used good ole WordPress as the basic web platform with my SEO experiments as an overlay. Today, I’m trying something different. I’ve created a pure HTML set of two pages on which I’m offering some of my father’s poetry for sale. I will be manually setting all the same tricks Read More…
After reviewing some Google Webmaster tools reports, I decided to make one tiny change: swap the word “tutorial” for “example” in the title of one of my pages. Result: it worked!